You are here
Your privacy is important to Maximum Growth Wholesale Ltd. and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your privacy and personal information.
Maximum Growth Wholesale Ltd. ensures that its employees who have access to your personal information are educated and trained to handle and protect your personal information and to abide by Maximum Growth Wholesale Ltd's Privacy Code at all times.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is defined as "information about an identifiable individual" and includes information concerning matters such as race, ethnic origin, colour, age, marital status, religion, education, medical, criminal, employment or financial history, address and telephone number, numerical identifiers such as Social Insurance Number, fingerprints, blood type, tissue or biological sample, and views or personal opinions. It also includes information about your product and service subscriptions and usage. Publicly available information, such as public directory listings of your name, address, telephone number, is not considered personal information.
What Information do we collect and what do we use the Information for?
We collect and use personal information about you and your use of our products and services and our web sites (the "Information") to: (i) initiate and maintain our relationship with you in connection with our products and services; (ii) administer billing and accounting services and security measures in relation to your business with us; (iii) promote and market additional products and services offered by us, including by means of direct marketing; (iv) provide you with personalized features and services; (v) contact you to fulfill distribution of prizes if you win a promotion or contest; and (vi) comply with any legal and regulatory requirements, including requirements or requests of government agencies or pursuant to a subpoena or other legal proceeding.
What are Privacy Principles?
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act incorporates the ten principles of the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. The Privacy Principles establish the minimum standards required to be followed by organizations for the protection of personal information. Maximum Growth Wholesale Ltd. has adopted and incorporated these Privacy Principles into its Privacy Code.
The 10 Privacy Principles are as follows:
- Accountability - Maximum Growth Wholesale Ltd. is responsible for information under its control and shall designate an individual(s) who is(are) accountable for the organization's compliance with the Privacy Principles.
- Identifying Purposes - The purpose for which personal information is collected shall be identified by Maximum Growth Wholesale Inc. at or before the time the information is collected.
- Consent - The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
- Limiting Collection - The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purpose identified by the organization.
- Limiting Use - Disclosure and Retention Personal Information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law, and shall be retained only as long as necessary for fulfillment of those purposes.
- Accuracy - Personal information shall be accurate, complete and as up-to-date as is necessary for the purpose for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards - Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness - Maximum Growth Wholesale Inc. shall make specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information readily available to individuals.
- Individual Access - Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Challenging Compliance - An individual shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the principles to Maximum Growth Wholesale Inc. compliance officer.
For more information on the Maximum Growth Wholesale Ltd. privacy practices contact 604-538-6785 for a copy of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, please access the Privacy Commissioner of Canada web site at http://www.privcom.gc.ca.